Saturday, September 1, 2012

Photographic Memory

Shutterfly photo books
This weekend I have been working on a couple of photo books. I love shutterfly.com because it is easy to upload photos and place them exactly as you want them within the book. I used to take my photos and put them into scrapbooks, but anyone who has done that knows it is expensive and time consuming. Once I found out about this online site, my scrap booking supplies were put away for the occasional craft project.

Our recent trips have all been the subject of photo books, so today I worked on the one from Montreal. I have to say it was not my favorite book to work on. The skies were so gray and dreary while we were there that I just feel like my photos are not worthy of a book. But I decided to put one together anyway, and I actually had enough pictures that I liked well enough to make it worthwhile. Unfortunately the memory card with Jim's photos on it is at his office, so the book will probably not get ordered this weekend.

I also have been working on a book documenting the history of our house. It is something I have had in the back of my mind for a while now, and I have been uploading pictures to the Shutterfly site as I have come across them. This weekend I did some serious uploading as I wanted to show the before and after photos as we have worked on the house. My gosh did we have a lot to tackle! When I look back now on all the wallpaper we had to remove, the floors that needed refinishing or replacing, the light fixtures, wall and floor tiles...wow! Good thing we were young and ambitious when we bought the house. Had House Hunters been around back then, we would not touched this house with a ten foot pole. LOL.

But looking at the old photos sure brought back a lot of memories. This is the only house our two children have ever known. A lot of laughter has echoed off the walls - more laughter than tears fortunately. The house is now 110 years old. What stories it could tell! I can only reveal some of them through the pages of my photo book.

1 comment:

Mrs. Wryly said...

Oh, that is sweet..... I will be interested to see your book of DIY.

I am currently "tackling" our house and hope to have some after pictures that a prospective buyer will like.....