Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Is this the Curse?

kipling bag
In an earlier post I mentioned that I am looking for the perfect bag to take to Germany and Switzerland with me this fall. One that will function as a purse while at the same time enabling me to safely carry my DSLR camera with its large lens. Thus the Curse. I think I may have found it today. I was at Macy's and had asked the clerk about whether a purse I was looking at had a way to make the strap longer as I want to wear it across my body. When I explained to her what I was hoping to accomplish with the bag, she steered me towards the "kipling" display. I had briefly looked in the area but thought the purses were all either too small or too much like back packs. I overlooked this one altogether.

What I like about it is that the bag is made of nylon, so it will be easy to clean and somewhat water resistant. It is also very light weight, which is important as I will be loading it up. It has several pockets on the outside, including ones which may work for a small umbrella and a water bottle. There is a secure zippered area inside the purse as well to keep my money and passport safe. The adjustable strap means I can wear it across my body or shorten it for a different look.

So what don't I like about it? It is a little more casual than I was hoping for, and it looks a bit like a camera bag. But the biggest issue is that it does not have any dividers inside, allowing me to keep my iPad separate from my camera. Are these things deal breakers? I am not sure yet. For now I will haul my stuff around the house in it to see how it feels on my shoulder.

Added bonus of this bag? A cute little ape hanging off the side. I think he needs to go abroad, don't you?

let's go ape!

1 comment:

Mrs. Wryly said...

Oh, he is too cute! Bruno?

My experience is that dividers in handbags are over-rated. Just gives me more compartments to not be able to find a darn thing.

Just saying.....