Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Webster Groves Art & Air

Art & Air
Last weekend was the 12th anniversary of Art & Air, a Webster Groves Art Festival. Held on the open green space of Eden Theological Seminary, the festival features over 100 booths of juried artists from around the United States, live musical performances, and many hands-on activities for kids. And of course plenty to eat and drink. Jim and I usually walk up every year if we are in town. This year Women in Focus, the photography group that I belong to, was asked to take photographs documenting the event. My friend and I decided to go around 10:00 Saturday morning to beat the heat. It was nice to be able to photograph the booths without people in our way in the beginning, but then to be able to capture the musicians and children participating in the crafts once things got underway.















Speaking of my Women in Photography group, our President has set up a location for our second show. It will be at Webster Groves Christian Church from June 28th through August 2nd, with an opening reception on June 28th from 5:30-8:00. The theme is Stillness & Light, and I have not settled on my three pictures yet. This weekend several of us are photographing behind the scenes of Circus Flora. Perhaps something will come to me there.

No comments: