Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Cataract Surgery Update

This morning was my one week follow up appointment, and this time I actually saw the surgeon who did the procedure. The last appointment was with a doctor I had never met before. My eye pressure dropped from 21 to 16, which is great news. Anything under 20 is good. The left eye measured 13. I can easily read the 20/32 line on the eye chart, but certain letters on the line below that are not crystal clear, specifically the "C" and the "O", which look alike to me.

The bottom line is that I am still slipping on reading glasses more often than I hoped to, though there still should be some continued improvement in the vision in the right eye. Taking all of that into consideration, I opted to go with the enhanced lens in my left eye next week. It makes sense to have a matching set. Dr. Pepose will correct my astigmatism in that eye at the same time. Interestingly, the enhanced lens will be ordered to the specifications to fix the astigmatism in my eye.

eye shield
Overall, everything is looking good with my right eye. I no longer need to wear the plastic shield at night, and I can resume all activities except for swimming. Even pickleball - color me happy! I can also wear eye makeup again, though I will only do that when I'm going out since I still have to put drops in three times a day. Of course next Wednesday I begin the whole process over again, but for a week I'm footloose and fancy free.

No comments: