Thursday, January 14, 2016

So, I Didn't Win the Lottery

Power Ball
For the past two weeks I have done something that I've never done before in my life - I purchased a couple of lottery tickets. The siren's call of first $800 million and then $1.4 billion was just too hard to resist. I had no thoughts of winning, which is a good thing since I didn't match any of the numbers. But it was fun to get a little caught up in Lotto Fever for a minute. I got a big kick out of this picture that was floating around Facebook, especially the part about looking in the mirror.


It was hard to be unhappy today, despite not becoming an overnight billionaire. The temperature was in the mid-sixties, so I knew I needed to get out of the house. I headed to my favorite place in St. Louis, the Missouri Botanical Garden. I got a new camera for Christmas, so I wanted to take advantage of the weather and put it through its paces. (At least the ones I could figure out without trying to read a 300 page PDF of the manual on my phone.) It was a good exercise, because I could see which features I need to read up on. But overall, I am pleased with the camera and think it will be a lot of fun.
Missouri Botanical Garden

No comments: