Sunday, June 22, 2008

Back to the Book

Now that the wedding is over and all the company has cleared out, I have been able to get back to work on my book. I am writing about how to research the history of a St. Louis County home. When I tried to research our century home, it became a very frustrating process. Records are here, there and everywhere, and there was nothing to use as a guide. I felt like I could put something together to assist researchers so that they don't give up part way through, like I almost did on numerous occasions. The book won't be very long as I don't want to overwhelm readers with stuff that doesn't matter. Instead it will be more of a workbook with lots of helpful reference sheets, giving them a systematic approach to follow. I have sections one and three pretty much where I want them. Section two is much more tedious, as it is really the heart of the book. But it is moving along nicely. One of the next steps will be picking up the research I have been doing on the old house that serves as the office of our landscape architecture business. Going through the steps at the Recorder of Deeds office again myself will help insure that I am accurate in what I put in the book.

No comments: