Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Party's Over

My son got married on Saturday. I have been writing about being a mother of the groom in my other blog, mogblog-kim.blogspot.com. It is a strange feeling to marry off one of your children. It brought back memories of the day my husband and I got married nearly 30 years ago. I found myself wondering if my parents had the same mixed emotions three decades ago. I love Andy's wife, Megan, and her whole family and I am thrilled that Andy found someone to share his life with. Yet at the same time, I understand that our relationship as mother and son will never be the same. So while I feel a sense of sadness at the loss of my little boy, I fully embrace the opportunity to experience the gain of an additional daughter. Many happy returns, Andy and Megan!

No comments: