Sunday, February 1, 2009

St. Kim I'm Not

We had tickets to see St. Joan at the Repertory Theater tonight. I was waiting to see how long it was going to take Jim to figure out that we were going to be watching a play instead of the Superbowl plays. It dawned on him this morning. He decided it was no big deal as he could watch the beginning of the game, and perhaps catch the end when we got home if the play didn't run too long. The last two plays we have seen at the Rep have run only 80 minutes with no intermission. As soon as we sat in our seats and opened the program, we heard the ladies behind us stating that they heard the play was pretty good but also long. Okaaaay...so much for seeing the end of the football game. The set for the play was very well done, and I eagerly anticipated the start of the show. It was quite a disappointment. I thought the acting was only adequate, and it definitely drug on and on. I nearly nodded off at one point. So we did something I can't ever remember doing before - we left at intermission. We were not alone in our escape to the parking lot. The theater had not been anywhere near full to begin with, but I imagine it was embarassingly empty for the second act. I hated to do that because having been in plays before I know how much work the actors put into it, but honestly it seemed like such a waste of time to sit there. St. Kim I'm not. We stopped at the grocery store on the way home to pick up some cookies to bake. I have not made use of the convection setting on the oven and wanted to try it out. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it!) While enjoying the fresh from the oven chocolate chip cookies we got to see an exciting ending to the Superbowl game. The evening was salvaged!

3 comments:

Mrs. Wryly said...

I should say not, as you possess peach-flavored unmentionables.

It was a great game, except I wish the Cardinals would have won. I'm glad you got to see the end of it, instead of that stuffy play.

Wryly

Bobbi Linkemer said...

What a gal! I would say Saint Kim, you are. I've walked out of many a play in my day. My time is valuable, unless I'm wasting it, which is often. I don't think I've actually ever watched a Super Bowl, but this one had me biting my nails. BTW, your comment didn't show up on PRISM. Hmmm.

gma12 said...

I've walked out on a few clunkers myself, and I happen to be mothersuper! Once, the fire alarm went off and we all had to leave the theatre, but they did not call the fire dept. They decided on their own that there wasn't a fire. Yikes! Too bad that some people had their oxygen tanks working. Makes me rethink my safety when I'm there.

What a great game that was. Glad I got to see it, but was rooting for the cardinals.