Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Un-Fortune Cookie


This morning while waiting for my tea to brew, I opened up a fortune cookie from our favorite local Chinese restaurant. I don't really like fortune cookies all that much, but it is always fun to see what words of wisdom will spew forth from the tiny sliver of white paper. This particular cookie was unfortunate. Literally. There was nothing written on either side of the paper. No soothing words that I "deserve special treatment", or the momentary quick thrill that "a windfall is coming my way". Or even the one that surely was written by a sarcastic mother of a teen advising that "the fun side of a relationship begins to unfold". So how much misfortune will befall the person who receives an un-fortune cookie? This is what I would type on my sliver of paper: "Woman who receives blank paper in fortune cookie will have much on her mind!"

2 comments:

Mrs. Wryly said...

Maybe you get to write your own fortune! Write, write, write.

Linda Austin said...

No news is good news?!