Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Computer Crashers

This is day seven without my main computer. It got a virus while I was surfing the net looking at colleges for my daughter, despite my subscription based anti-virus program. Numerous attempts to clean up the hard drive utilizing various virus scan programs have failed. My computer guy is trying one last attempt to repair the system before we end up trashing it - literally. Besides the fact that I have not been able to attend to our business during that time period, a clean sweep means re-installing all my software. Or at least the software that I can find around here still. Let alone the operating system and Office, we are talking Quick Books, Quicken, genealogy, machine embroidery design, Photo Shop, and all the miscellaneous software for the cameras, camcorders, scanners, printers, networking - well, you get the picture. This is going to be a huge ordeal if the repair is unsuccessful. And so, to the little creep who thought it was entertaining to create this virus, I hope someone passes something along to his or her computer so that maybe it can be seen that this is so NOT funny!

No comments: