Monday, August 10, 2009

Cat Tales

So I am on cat duty again. I finally 'fessed up to the neighbor that I had entered her house when she was already back at home from the last trip. I thought she was coming back the next day. I even admitted that I had blogged about the experience of being a Cat Burglar. She thought the whole story was funny, especially since she had already left her house by the time I made my entrance. I didn't need to worry that I had awakened her after all.

As I mentioned, these cats are quite the characters. Friday afternoon I went over to feed them supper. As I went into the bathroom to change the water in their bowls, I noticed that I was ankle deep in shredded tissue. Thinking they had again raided the bathroom trash can, I peered around the corner of the vanity. Nope - this time they decided that paper on a roll was quite the thing to sharpen their claws on. It was snowing Charmin in there. Because my neighbor insists that they do not get into mischief when she is around, I put the tissue in the trash can and left the Swiss cheese remainder of the roll for her to see when she gets home. And I now keep the bathroom door shut.

Today the little darlings knocked a picture off the wall. I don't even want to know what they were doing for that to occur. I guess they could have invited all the neighbor cats over for a party because, you know, we use the type of kitty litter that would mask multiple cats using the litter boxes. Fortunately the picture is made of canvas, so no glass was shattered in their latest escapade. I'm telling you, she needs a nanny cam on those cats!

1 comment:

Mrs. Wryly said...

You can't trust cats, that's for sure.

There are some naked ladies in a yard on our main street.

Can't trust them, either.