Friday, January 1, 2010

Another Year Has Passed

We normally do not go out on New Year's Eve, and haven't for years. Too many drunks on the road, crowds everywhere, why bother? This year Jim's partner Ted invited us to out to eat with his wife, brother and sister-in-law. With reservations at 7:00, it seemed safe enough to venture out. Don't I sound like an old lady? Anyway, they had decided on a Thai restaurant. I am not a very adventuresome eater, but I was assured the restaurant also serves great Chinese food. It was an interesting place on South Grand Avenue, where some of the tables had the appearance of sitting on the floor to eat. In fact it was an illusion and a space below the table allowed you to have your feet on the floor. Cool concept... Ted ordered appetizers of some chicken on a stick (can't remember the real name), spring rolls and pot stickers. They were all great. I ordered from one of the two Chinese dinner choices (Empress Chicken and Sweet and Sour Chicken). Luckily I like both so I went with the Sweet and Sour Chicken. It was good, and I only ate half and brought the other half home.

Following supper the other four were heading to Bailey's Chocolate Bar for dessert. As we are still trying to get back on track following the Christmas train derailment of our diet, we passed. Plus we had gone there for Valentine's Day, and honestly I don't see what all the fuss is about. True to our normal New Year's Eve behavior (and most other nights, truth be told) we were snuggled under our electric blanket with our books by 10:30. Another exciting New Year's Eve!

Our early to bed, early to rise philosophy gave us the needed energy to pack up all the Christmas stuff today. It always feels so good to get the house back to normal. Now I can concentrate on a new quilt I am making for Jim. In light of his epic Route 66 motorcycle trip last year, I am making him a Route 66 lap quilt. Vroom, vroom!

No comments: