Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Taking My Boobs Out to be Pressed

Today was that time of year again - time for the annual mammogram. For the past 10 years or so I have gone to Missouri Baptist for my fun and excitement. At that time I had found a lump in one of my breasts, and my friend's husband is a radiologist there. Fortunately it ended up that I just had cysts, but I feel better knowing that two radiologists read every single film there. (Guess it is probably not even called film anymore since the screening goes directly to a computer.) They used to give every woman a rose on her way out the door, and then it became a carnation. Today I got nothing. I guess the budget cut the flowers. Har, har.

My appointment was for 9:40 but I arrived at 9:20 since I never can be sure what the traffic will be doing. I had barely sat down from updating my paperwork when they called me to the back to change into a pink gown. After I changed clothes I was just tweeting that I was at Mo Bap for a mammogram and "I'm too sexy for my shirt..." and they called my name again. The boob bashing was done in record time, and I was back at my car by 9:43. Unbelievable!

No comments: