Thursday, March 21, 2019

Photography Challenge

I'm going to do a little catching up here. The Dogwood Photography Challenge for Week 9 was Inspiration: Mood. We were to shoot a photo representing our mood at the time the picture was taken. Because it was a crummy day and I am so done with winter, this was my shot.

Dogwood Photography Challenge Week 9

Week 10's challenge was to tell the story of our hometown. This brought up a lot of discussion on the challenge Facebook page. Is hometown where you live? Where you were born? The town you most identify with? Since it is up to our interpretation, it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. I tried taking some shots around the town where I live, but didn't come up with anything I feel accurately represents Webster Groves. Instead I decided to use a photograph of the Arch, as that pretty much lets anyone know I am from the St. Louis area.

Dogwood Photography Challenge Week 10

For Week 11 we were to fill the frame with the subject of our photo. A further challenge was to do that using only one color. Shooting a flower is an obvious choice, but I don't have any blooming around the house yet. I decided to photograph a tree stump in the front yard instead.

Dogwood Photography Challenge Week 11

No comments: