Friday, March 30, 2012

Never Let Her Go

Last night I had a dream about my mom. I was at a family reunion (no doubt brought on by all the genealogical research I have been doing lately) and suddenly there she was! I put my arms around her and I told her that I wasn't going to let her go, because I knew that once I did I would never see her again. The dream was so real that even now I can still feel her in my embrace. My mom died in a car accident in the middle of Kansas in 1989. Not a day goes by that I don't think about her and the things I wish I could share with her.

This morning as I reflected on the dream I realized how wonderful it was to be able to hold her again, if only in my dream. The old song from the group Bread popped into my mind:

Somewhere out there
Someone will care for you and then...
Never let her go

If you have a mom who is still with you, give her a hug and never let her go.

2 comments:

Mrs. Wryly said...

Oh, I've had dreams that seem so real......

Even though it's sad, I'm glad you had that encounter with your mom. She is watching over you and she has many reasons to be proud.

Kim Wolterman said...

I like to think she would be, Mrs. Wryly. I know she would get a kick out of me writing about the Crusham family.