Monday, September 17, 2012

Come On Google, Give Us Some Help with Blogger!

As I mentioned in my last post, I purchased a custom domain name for my Write Formation blog through Google on September 9th. That blog for all intents and purposes has disappeared. Being a non-techie I immediately assumed I had done something wrong, even though going this route was supposed to be dummy-proof. But once I went to the Google Forums for Blogger and checked in the "Something is Broken" discussion, it became abundantly clear that I am not alone in my frustration. There is a total lack of communication from Google regarding this huge problem. Apparently their DNS Server (which is what supports the Domain Name System) is down. Were they hacked like Go Daddy? Perhaps. What happened is not really important to me at the moment. My big issue is that even though a known problem existed, they continued to sell domain names to poor schmucks like me. That is just wrong. Even if Blogger had switched all of us back to our original blogger.com URLs, that would have been preferable to having the blogs disappear altogether. For a company the size of Google, this has all been extremely poor customer service. Come on Google - help out the little guy!

1 comment:

Mrs. Wryly said...

C'mon Big G techies!! Where are ya? It is upon you to right this wrong!!!