Friday, September 13, 2013

Friday the 13th

Today is the first time in 2013 that the 13th day of the month falls on a Friday. (Not the last though, as we'll have another one in December.) Where did the superstition about Friday the 13th begin? I was reading online about the different theories, and none of them strikes me as being too accurate. Nevertheless, many people fear the day. Did you know that a fear of Friday the 13th is called Paraskevidekatriaphobia? I had no idea. Nor can I pronounce it. Who comes up with these words?

Regardless, I am throwing caution to the wind and flying to Germany on Friday the 13th. Maybe the plane will be less crowded because all the Paraskevidekatriaphobes will be staying home. Ha! All I have left to do is change over my purse to my curse and I will be set. Here's to a flight free of screaming children! Auf Wiedersehen!

No comments: