Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Unmasked

As anticipated. Mecklenburg County voted to lift its mask mandate effective February 26th despite the fact that none of the the criteria for unmasking has been met. The Covid positivity rate is still at 15%, nowhere near the 5% they said would be required to remove the mask mandate. My observation has been that Mecklenburg County businesses have already removed their "Masks Required" signs. Most people thought it went into effect last Saturday anyway. 

Time will tell if this is a premature decision or not. The last time everyone removed their masks, Covid cases sky rocketed. As people return to venues with 60,000 plus attendees, all unmasked, what will happen? Everyone has to make their own decisions about what feels right to them. I'm still going to avoid large crowds, and wear my mask indoors. I'd still rather be safe than sorry for awhile yet. My booster shot was five months ago, and I have no idea what my immunity is at this point. Keeping a mask on seems an easy precaution to take at this point.

No comments: