Sunday, March 6, 2022

Marching Along

March Madness
The first week of March was an eventful one. My husband had his second cataract removed on the 1st. Both of his surgeries went well, and he is able to see without glasses for the first time since he was a boy. The next day was his birthday, so after taking him for his follow up appointment with the eye doctor, we went to one of our favorite local restaurants for dinner. We saw another couple from our community there, so we joined them at their table and had great food and conversation.

Friday night we went out to eat with our next door neighbors as one of them was having a birthday on Saturday. We celebrated the two birthdays with a nice meal, followed by dessert at our house. I was told one of my neighbor's favorite desserts was Bumbleberry Pie. Needless to say, I was intrigued. What in the world is a bumbleberry? As it turn out, there is no such thing and it's just a fun name Canadians put on a mixed fruit pie. I decided to make one, and it is a lovely pie. Not too sweet, but not too tart either. I served it with vanilla ice cream, and we all enjoyed it.


Bumbleberry Pie

Saturday afternoon I played in my fist Queen City Pickleball League game. My husband and I are both on the team, though neither of us was scheduled to play yesterday. One of the women needed a sub, so I said I could come. Each team had 6 players, consisting of three men and three women. I played a game with each of the women on our team as well as one with each of the men, for a total of 5 games. It was outside, and the wind was definitely a factor. It was a lot of fun, and our team ended up winning 8 of the 15 games. Not too bad for our first time playing together. Jim and I both play next Saturday against a different team.

Today we were supposed to go kayaking with a group of people in our neighborhood. But the wind gusts are up to 25 mph, so I think we are going to pass despite the nice temperature. I think I will take my electric bike out for a ride instead. I've been trying to ride 6-7 miles each day, and I have been pretty successful in doing that. Ride on...

No comments: