Saturday, November 5, 2022

More Skin Cancer

The dermatology office called to say that both of the biopsies taken last week are basal cell carcinomas. These are my 15th and 16th skin cancers. Ugh! We do not have a family history of basal or squamous cell carcinomas, and I was not out in the sun more than any other kids growing up in the 60s and 70s. I always say I wear my Irish heritage proudly with the red cast in my hair and my freckles, but it stinks that my skin has to suffer for it.

Now I have to wait for the scheduling office to call and see when they can get me in. With our granddaughter making her big debut next week, it will take some planning to coordinate when I want to have the surgeries done. Since these are very slow growing cancers, it won't be a huge rush. Celebrating my first time as a grandma is going to take precedence for sure!

No comments: