Friday, February 5, 2010

It IS a Small World After All

Now that I've gotten that song stuck in your head, I'll tell you why that is particularly true today. I was chatting with my carpenter about a story in our local newspaper, and he happened to mention something about his high school. This being St. Louis and all, of course I had to ask him "Where did you go to school?" He replied that it was a school in Des Moines. "Did I know you were from Des Moines?", I asked. He said Jim knew but that he didn't think he and I had discussed it. I told him I am from Des Moines as well. He was sure we didn't go to the same school, so when he said he graduated from Hoover High, I about fell off my chair. I also graduated from Hoover. As it turns out, he graduated a year ahead of me, and his sister Vicki graduated with me.

We are the Huskies, couldn't be prouder! If you don't believe it, we'll yell a little louder!

Seriously...how small world is that? I'm off to drag out my yearbook.

1 comment:

Mrs. Wryly said...

The Hoover Huskies? That is quite an amazing coincidence that your carpenter went to Hoover.

That it has one of the same pep cheers as 99.9% of the rest of the high schools in the USA, not so much.

Stand up, sit down, fight, fight, fight! For the Hoover Huskies!